Friday, April 25, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Is it just me or can May not get here fast enough??
I'm so incredibly ready to get out and work in my yard/garden.  I have so many goals for this year...who knows how many of them will actually be realized...but hey, I should get a little credit for at least setting the goals, right? :)

With the long line of gardeners that I come from you would think I would literally have a
GREEN thumb.

But I'll be the first to tell you......ummmm, I really don't!! 

I had this 5 year plan when I moved into my house, which I would like to preface by saying it was completely unlandscaped with all kinds of dirt and weeds, your basic start from scratch kinda deal.

So let me just tell ya'll how that's worked out!! 
I've now been there for 7 years this spring and I'm just barely starting to get a grip on things!!  And by barely....I really do mean BARELY!!!

The weeds still pretty much have full reign wherever they want.  I can't tell you how many trees I've planted over the years that haven't even made it out of their first season.  Ugh....it's a complete mess!!

But I'm so determined this year to make some headway.  I know it won't be anywhere close to the visions I have in my head, but I'm not taking any more steps backward.  From now on it's up and onward for me!!

One of the things I've always loved about gardens is having something quirky, unique, unexpected and fun.  I love little personal touchs in everything I do....so I went out the my trusty Pinterest resource to see what I could find to help me "get green" and econmical ways to take one step closer to my
grand vision.

And here's what I came up with......

Source of all pictures is Pinterest
 I've always wanted a comfy cosy place to sit (or even take a nap!) on my porch.  Time to figure out how to make that happen!

 Love this inexpensive and unique version of lighting using balloons, glue & string.  Even though these lights would only last one season, they would be so fun and so worth it!!
 I'm one lucky girl that my daddy built me a shed that I was able to use for the first time last summer.  It has been soooo fabulous to have...now it's time to "cute" it up a bit!!  Love the colors, the flower boxes, and all the personal touches on this one.
 I'm a big fan of bird feeders and bird baths.....and how pretty and easy would this one be to make!!
 You can get bundt cake pans at local thrift stores for less than a $1.00....great idea!
 I personally believe that EVERYONE could use an old bike to glam of their garden!
 I have an old fence gate just like this.  Love how it was painted the same color as the flowerpots and how they all just blend together.
 These glavenized containers are darling planters, but putting feet on them just amps up the stayle points!
 I have at least 3 old shovels laying around in my garage....what a great idea for a climbing plant!
 Such a fun way to recycle old tires and put your own creative spin on the paint job!  You could do letters or numbers or patterns....whatever you want!
 An old wheelbarrow that would have just been discarded makes the perfect place for a gorgeous flower arrangement and adds height and volume to your garden!
 Since I have the fun little shed, now I definitely need a potting bench to keep all my potting supplies and have a place to work my magic!
 Another cute potting bench made from plain old palletts!
 What a fun way to jazz up simple stepping stones!
 OK...I think I HAVE to do this just for the cutenss and unexected factor....and so easy too!
 Another version of hand made toadstools.
 And last but not least....isn't this little guy so cute!!  I have a box full of graters so I may have a few creatures occupying my gardens this summer!

Guess it's time to get to work!! 
What unique and creative things do you like to have in your garden?



No comments:

Post a Comment