Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Gettin Our Craft On

Everywhere I turn lately it seems that imperfectly perfect handmade is the new "thing."  
I love this look, but I have always had serious doubts about my ability to pull it off.  For some people this is effortless, but I must clarify that I'm NOT one of those people.  

However, I've been making more of an effort lately to just simply go with the flow.  If I get an idea in my head, I don't agonize over hours and hours of sketches and outlines.  I get an idea and I go with it!

Case in point....

We have an event coming up in a couple of weeks that I'm super excited about....it's kind of a yard sale meets boutique type event.  There will be a variety of items available at an even bigger range of pricing....something that will literally fit EVERYONE'S budget!  
Normally for events like this I would just create a tag with all of our contact info to attach to the items.  But in my recent attempts to create items that have more of a handmade feel, I thought, 
"Why not create a business card that is handmade?"

True, it won't be perfectly lined up.  True, it won't have the best lettering.  True, it won't be absolutely straight,  But the most important thing is to make a good impression, right?  And sometimes, even when things aren't perfect, they can truly be something that you'll remember.  

So I got a little idea in my head....and I went with it!!

Here is just a small glimpse of what I've been creating in the last few days:


Definitely NOT perfect!!  And definitely NOT your typical business cards!  But hopefully something that will make a lasting impression for future customers! 
And definitely fun to make by the way! :-)

Oh...and if you want to know more about the upcoming sale that I referred to earlier, more details will be coming soon!  Everyone is invited and we'd love to have you stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment